Earlall is recruiting - Intern Communication and Project Assistant
Intern position: Communications and Project Assistant
The European Association of Regional and Local Authorities for Lifelong Learning currently includes the co-operation of 14 regional and local authorities aiming to influence European policy and to co-operate in projects in the field of lifelong learning. EARLALL works with EU regions and their Brussels representation offices and regional stakeholders. With its Working Groups and through policy, projects and partnership, EARLALL covers the following topics: mobility in VET, lifelong guidance, ageing population, skills for the labour market, youth policies and integration of migrants.
The post will contribute to the development of skills in the tasks below and build a strong profile for a future career potentially either in EARLALL or in communications, regional or lifelong learning sectors in Brussels.
The intern will be in charge of supporting all communication and project management tasks. S/he will assist the preparation of visibility material for conferences, seminars, events, publications, etc. S/he will also be in charge of updating the social media and implementing digital, online and off-line communication, including the drafting of press releases and newsletters. S/he will assist in the management of Earlall’s EC funded projects and will follow up the project activities.
Website, social media and information material
1. Update and develop the EARLALL website with specific attention to events, news, working group agendas and presentations.
2. Be responsible for EARLALL’s social media activities and contribute to a social media strategy.
3. Design communication and promotional materials both for internal and external communications (newsletters, post-conference reports, presentations, leaflets, brochures, infographics, etc.).
- Supervise tasks assigned to Earlall as instructed by the Business Manager
- Attend project meetings if needed and prepare minutes;
- Liaise with the partners and Earlall’s members on day-to-day implementation of project activities;
7. Support the organisation of EARLALL events and EARLALL Working Group meetings.
8. Support the development of the Work Group meeting agendas, attend the meetings where possible and organise the reporting and follow up actions of the meetings.
9. Support the development of Work Group annual work plans.
10. Support the Business Manager in back office functions.
11. Support general events (organisation, reports, minutes, photos, etc.).
Profile raising and occasional duties
12. Be prepared to take on out-of-hours activities – receptions, dinners, etc. and also be prepared to travel in Europe for EARLALL activities where necessary.
- Master’s degree in related discipline (International Affairs, Political or Social Science, Communications, PR, Journalism, etc.);
- Excellent command of English and French, both spoken and written;
- Excellent ICT skills; eager to keep up-to-date with new communication tools and practices;
- Knowledge of EU programmes in the field of education would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a multi-national environment; excellent interpersonal skills;
- The candidate should be self-motivated, highly organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously.
Starting date is 8.01.2018, for a duration of 6 months
Located at the Delegation of the Basque Country to the EU (Brussels, Belgium)
Initially, EARLALL will offer a fixed-term Belgian internship under a “Convention d’immersion professionnelle” which will end on 09.06.2018 However, there may be possibilities to continue the position.
The internship will be remunerated (950 euros per month).
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting a letter of motivation (in English) and a CV to email@example.com by 7.12.17 noon (CET) at the latest. Please mention in the email subject your name followed by “Internship Communication and Project Assistant”.
Selected candidates will be interviewed around Mid-December in Brussels. No travel expenses will be reimbursed.